Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gainesvillecathy

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: .   Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Last edited by gainesvillecathy on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gainesvillecathy

PostSubject: Re: .   Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Last edited by gainesvillecathy on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: .   Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:35 pm

gainesvillecathy wrote:
I decided on a definition of 'Enformationist', but of course I need to get Gnomon's approval. Smile

Enformationist:
A person who believes that our existence (universe, cosmos, etc) was fashioned, and continues to be fashioned of information. Existence is a realm of continuous creation, growth, expansion, and progress, with God at the center of the momentum.

Thoughts anyone?
I don't have a copyright on the term Enformationism, so you don't need my permission to adapt the term and the concept to suit your own needs. The problem, as you discovered, is that nobody outside our little corner of the Deist world will know what you are talking about.

The key to understanding the implications of the Enformationism thesis is to update the dictionary meaning of literary "information" to include the latest technical uses of the term. Yet again, only a tiny minority of people are familiar with Information Theory and its descendants. And some might be appalled by the analytical approach to spiritual issues.

So you probably should include in your definition a clarification that Information is not just ink on paper or electrons in a computer, but immaterial thoughts in a Mind. By linking information to mental processes, and evolutionary processes, your readers might come to see that an original "Enformer" or Prime Mind is necessary to produce the raw "material" that evolution transforms into a myriad "forms most wonderful".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.enformationism.info/
gainesvillecathy

PostSubject: Re: .   Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Last edited by gainesvillecathy on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: .   Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:12 pm

gainesvillecathy wrote:

Existence to me manifests from the realm of a Mind that expresses momentum as action and reaction in continuous creation, growth, expansion, and progress.
At first I didn't grasp what you meant by the physical term "momentum", but now I suspect you were implying something like "divine willpower". A less technical and more familiar word, such as "Will", might get the idea across more effectively to a general audience. In my thesis I coined the term "En-Form-Action" to serve as a more scientific-sounding substitute for the religious notion of the "Will of God". But that would be even more technical and less familiar, so I don't recommend it for the context of a blog. Maybe you can find another common word with momentous connotations but no specific religious implications.

momentum : << Impetus of a nonphysical process, such as an idea or a course of events: >>

PS---Regarding human "mind power", you may want to check-out the "power of positive thinking" updates such as "Cosmic Ordering" and "The Secret". These pop-philosophies push the mundane idea of human optimism and willpower into the realm of Christian conjuring and cosmic wishful thinking. Although CO and TS imply mechanisms similar to Synchronicity, I do not recommend those emotionally powerful, but empirically impotent, mind-manipulating memes to those looking, not for secrets, but for truths.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_ordering
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.enformationism.info/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panendeism.org :: General Discussions :: Deism-
Jump to: