Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin


Number of posts : 1918
Age : 45
Location: : Connecticut
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories   Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:54 pm

I am surprised just how popular 9/11 conspiracy theories are in some circles. Do you think there is anything to any of them?

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich" ~ Warren Zevon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Uriah



Number of posts : 536
Age : 43
Location: : Tucson, AZ
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories   Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:55 pm

Not much, but there is certainly some "cloak and dagger" stuff that's part of it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michael1111



Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories   Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:57 pm

i think a lot of what they are saying could be totally true. the fact is, we'll never know until the people involved are long gone and people have forgotten and moved on. until then, i think it's just a matter of whose side appeals to you the most.

i do think it was a conspiracy and that people claiming to be on our side are solely on the side of money and power.

but what does it matter? that's what it boils down to anyhow. a few thousand died because of greed, regardless of who applied it in such an awful way. greed is the common denominator to all theories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomon
Moderator


Number of posts : 660
Location: : Birmingham, Alabama
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories   Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Aaron wrote:
I am surprised just how popular 9/11 conspiracy theories are in some circles. Do you think there is anything to any of them?

For any historic politically-charged event, there will always be conspiracy theories intended to explain a few anomalies as caused by the shadowy bad guys behind the scenes. And of course politics, and business for that matter, is always riddled with pro/con conspiracies. There really is a "vast right-wing" or left-wing conspiracy : it's called two-party-politics-as-usual : good guys versus bad guys.

But when the history books are written, only a few involve enough drama to make a movie. By far, the majority of so-called "conspiracies" are merely mundane political grievances, punctuated by finger-pointing. Vast, but shallow.

As a common feature of human psychology, I suspect that blaming the other party is similar to pinning misfortunes on malicious deities or mischievous sprites. It couldn't be just an ordinary case of things not going your way.




PS---I went to a conference in California a few years ago, which was picketed by 9/11 conspiracy agitators. When I examined the evidence of one protester, it was mostly based on a simple misunderstanding of the physics of burning buildings. As an architect, I tried to explain, but he would have none of it. I think he began to view me as "one of them".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.enformationism.info/
Aaron
Admin


Number of posts : 1918
Age : 45
Location: : Connecticut
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories   Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:15 pm

Gnomon wrote:
PS---I went to a conference in California a few years ago, which was picketed by 9/11 conspiracy agitators. When I examined the evidence of one protester, it was mostly based on a simple misunderstanding of the physics of burning buildings. As an architect, I tried to explain, but he would have none of it. I think he began to view me as "one of them".

I think I know the "evidence" that you are referring to. Is it in regards to the melting temperature of a certain metal?

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich" ~ Warren Zevon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Aaron
Admin


Number of posts : 1918
Age : 45
Location: : Connecticut
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories   Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

michael1111 wrote:
i think a lot of what they are saying could be totally true. the fact is, we'll never know until the people involved are long gone and people have forgotten and moved on. until then, i think it's just a matter of whose side appeals to you the most.

i do think it was a conspiracy and that people claiming to be on our side are solely on the side of money and power.

but what does it matter? that's what it boils down to anyhow. a few thousand died because of greed, regardless of who applied it in such an awful way. greed is the common denominator to all theories.

Yes, greed for money, greed for power, greed for revenge, etc...

There seems to be two levels of conspiracy floating around out there; The first is that 9/11 was an inside job, orchestrated either by Dick Cheney or the CIA. The second is that the government knew that the attack was going to happen but did nothing about it.

I'm not inclined to believe the first, but the second may be a possibility at some level. I'm more inclined to believe that unpreparedness and incompetence was the main reason the government missed all the signs however.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich" ~ Warren Zevon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories   

Back to top Go down
 
9/11 Conspiracy Theories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» THE POPE BENEDICT CONSPIRACY THEORIES
» Theories Proven Wrong
» The Most Logical Rapture theory
» Tares Amongst the Wheat A Conspiracy Without a Goal
» I Thought the MSM Said "Death Panels" Were Conspiracy Theory!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panendeism.org :: General Discussions :: Open Discussion-
Jump to: