Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Kabbalistic Deism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Kabbalistic Deism   Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:28 pm

I have been hearing a lot about Kabbalism lately. It seems that Madonna has given that esoteric belief system a lot of free publicity.

I read-up on the Kabbalah some years ago, before I began to think of myself as a Deist. Now, I am perplexed to see how closely my current god-view is to that of the kabbalistic tradition : emanations = emergence; creation via conception; monism & panentheism, etc.

Is anyone here familiar with that secretive, mystical, magical, under-current behind orthodox Judaism?

Wikipedia : Kaballah
Some Kabbalistic scholars, such as Moses ben Jacob Cordovero, believe that all things are linked to God through these emanations, making us all part of one great chain of being. Others, such as Schneur Zalman of Liadi (founder of Lubavitch [Chabad] Hasidism), hold that God is all that really exists; all else is completely undifferentiated from God's perspective.

Such views can be defined as monistic panentheism. According to this philosophy, God's existence is higher than anything that this world can express, yet he includes all things of this world down to the finest detail in such a perfect unity that his creation of the world effected no change in him whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.enformationism.info/
Aaron
Admin

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Kabbalistic Deism   Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:33 pm

I've read a little bit about it. From what I know it shares many similarities with faiths like gnosticism, Taoism, and even Buddhism. I don't really remember a lot of details about it however.

B.D.B.

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Kabbalistic Deism   Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:30 pm

I have studied Kabbalah. There are a few good web sites that offer free on line classes starting at the beginers level that you might want to check out. I'll post a link or two for you in my next post in a day or two. I have seen some similarties to Deism but also see a lot of the teachings of Jesus and Buddah in Kabbalah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
B.D.B.

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Kabbalah   Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:29 pm

Kabbalah in a nut shell.......Kabbalah is a science not a religion. It is the science of spirituially and it pre-dates most all religions. It has several branches as most things do. It does teach re-incarnation and does not allow for life on other planets in the physical universe. The physical universe was created by the creator through a series of emanations through several spirituial worlds down to our world. Kabbalah is very technial and detailed. As promised here are some links for you to check out.
www.kabbalah.info
www.arionline.info
www.kab.tv/eng
www.laitman.com
www.digital-brilliance.com/kab/link.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron
Admin

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Kabbalistic Deism   Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:37 pm