Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Uniting God with science

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
djwray

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Uniting God with science   Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:23 am

Hi,

It's nice to find a forum that encourages respect (I think I've finally found my home!).

For various reasons I have been drawn towards the subjects of God, science and the meaning of life (amongst many other things!). To cut a long story short I have created a document that has evolved in line with my experience. It contains answers to what you might refer to as "the biggest" questions. There are no exaggerations or lies. I learned many, many years ago when I was battling a serious medical condition that there comes a time when there are no shortcuts, when lies don't provide an advantage, when the only way forward is the truth. It is the truth as I see it.

Please be aware that the document is fairly long and it is not light reading. If you do find time to read it I hope you will be objective. If you reply here, please be constructive.

I am fascinated by the way it has evolved. I hope you are too.

http://www.atotalawareness.com

Thanks!

DJ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron
Admin

Number of posts : 1918
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Uniting God with science   Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:01 am

Hi DJ and welcome. I'm interested in god, science and the meaning of life as well. Smile

I'll give your document a look.

Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Uniting God with science   Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:19 pm

Welcome DJ

I viewed your slide show, and I see that we have some ideas in common, and perhaps a few that don't mesh. In any case, you will find a variety of worldviews on this forum, united primarily by the belief that All-Is-In-God, but most likely not the bible-god.

I am also in the process of creating a website to present a specific, scientific aspect of my emerging worldview. It may never be complete because my worldview is an evolving movie, not a static snapshot. I haven't reached the final answer to the "god, science, and meaning of life" questions, yet.

Many of the regular posters have also written books, pamphlets, and essays on philosophical topics similar in some ways to yours. So they also tend to be deep and serious thinkers, like you. They are also open-minded, because they know from personal experience how easy it is for our cherished, subjective beliefs to be objectively wrong. That terror-of-error may be the primary motive for putting our opinions out there for objective review, and sympathetic feedback.

We are all seekers here. So we know better than to be harshly judgmental . We may not always agree on the details, but we are always respectful of different opinions. Criticism is always intended to be constructive, even when the intent can be misconstrued. So, what's your opinion on "X"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.enformationism.info/
Helium

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Uniting God with science   Fri May 01, 2009 12:25 am

Cheers! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uniting God with science   

Back to top Go down