Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

How much time do you spend outdoors on average?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

More than 40 hours a week.
50%
 50% [ 2 ]
Between 20 and 40 hours a week.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Between 10 and 20 hours a week.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Less then 10 hours a week.
50%
 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin

Number of posts : 1918
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:45 am

As a deist and a naturalist I love to send time outdoors. I feel that it helps to get me in touch with nature and subsequently "the divine". Unfortunately I have a job that doesn't allow me to get out much and the office that I'm in doesn't even have windows. Usually when I get home from work it's a routine of eating supper, spending some precious time with my kids, giving them a bath, and then putting them to bed. By the time this is all done I have very little time or energy for outdoor activity. I recently realized that I probably spend about ten hours a week outside if I'm lucky.

I'm curious to know how much time on average you spend outdoors and do you think it's important to get outside on a regular basis?

Uriah

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm lucky, even though I took a substantial pay cut after I was laid off - I was an Escrow Manager who oversaw multimillion dollar construction jobs, now I am a pool service technician (Pool Boy Smile ) - So anyway, I am now working outside and not only that my work keeps me pretty much out in the more rural side of town.

As well, I am an avid camper and hiker. My front door is literally 9 miles from the Douglas Spring trail head that leads up into the Rincon Mountains via the Saguaro National Park. In the last 6 months since getting laid off I have gotten a tan, lost about 50 pounds, and felt the stress and anxiety literally wash away. I've even found my whole views on life changing. I used to go hiking just to escape the work-a-day world, now I find myself engaged in some very Tinker Creek-esque journey's of self discovery and spirituality. I've thought about writing it all down, maybe trying to pen my own Walden, or Tinker Creek.

So, anyway, back to your question - I spend probably more than 40 hours a week outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:23 pm

I am also a Naturalist of sorts.

The Monk* sort: I love nature as long as I don't get any on me. Yuk! Very Happy

*hypochondriac / naturephobic TV detective
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.enformationism.info/
Aaron
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Uriah wrote:
I've thought about writing it all down, maybe trying to pen my own Walden, or Tinker Creek.

Care to share any of your musings?

Socinian

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:23 pm

Unfortunately, my wife has been suffering some rather serious illnesses of late, so we do not spend near as much time outdoors as we used to. We live within a couple hours drive from the Appalachian foothills, and, as such, have access to some very beautiful state parks and what-not. Both of us enjoy the outdoors immensely, and, hopefully, we will be able to begin enjoying God's handiwork more regularaly very soon.

There was a time when we were outdoors every weekend.

If I can find it, I will post a photo or two of what I refer to as my "Temple" for you to view.

in peace, Peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:25 pm

I hope your wife starts to feel better soon.

(Nice avatar BTW.)

Socinian

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:24 pm

It's a day to day thing with my wife, Aaron.

Some days are diamonds, and others are....well, less than diamonds. Truly, every day that I spend with her is a gift, though.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stretmediq

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:33 am

I hope she gets better Soc.

I love the outdoors. I work out of a truck and get to see all sorts of things. I've also done three kayak trips this summer and I want to try and get back into rock climbing and skydiving but I don't know if I'll be able to find the time. I guess I'll just have settle for walking around the neighborhood for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cafepress.com/newdeism
Helium

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Headed for Algonquin Park for two days with my 10-year-old son. I used to camp and play sports a lot more when I was younger so I'm going the opposite direction as Uriah, unfortunately, but hopefully my reacquaintence with nature can get me rolling into more positive outdoor/excercise/sports mode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1