Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Aaron's ILP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin

Number of posts : 1918
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Aaron's ILP   Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:01 pm

Ok I'm starting this thread as a way to share and track the development of my ILP. Right now I'm not going to update it daily (even though it's a good idea if you can), but I'll try to update it once a week or so.

Body
Five nights a week I do a 20 minute yoga workout with my wife. Although now that the weather is finally getting better I may do some yardwork or go for a hike instead. As a matter of fact I ended up working my butt off in the yard this weekend and am paying for it now.

I've also taken to snacking less and drinking more water. The goal is 8 cups a day which is tougher than it seems.

Mind
I'm reading a few different books right now. One of them is on Tibetan Buddhism and it's called The Joy of Living, by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche. I've also had Brian Green's, The Elegant Universe sitting on the shelf since Christmas and I'd like to get to that soon as well.

I feel that my activity on these forums is also a part of my daily mental regiment.

Spirit
Many people feel that spirituality is something that's only practiced on Sundays and within a certain building. I think that this viewpoint makes it easier for them to act like jerks during the rest of the week. I try to practice my spirituality on a constant basis by being kind to others, taking time to reflect and "live in the now", and by trying to appreciate everything that I have.

Meditation has become a major source of spirituality for me but I also gain spiritual strenght through listening to music, taking nature walks, by learning and figuring out new things, and by watching my children grow.

So these are some of the things that I'll try and touch upon in the upcoming months and hopefully at some point I'll be able to begin a daily routine.

native_son

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's ILP   Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:13 pm

Get a kidney stone, and then see how easy it is to drink enough water! I was up to 2 gallons a day for awhile. Not as much any more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's ILP   Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:19 pm

native_son wrote:
Get a kidney stone, and then see how easy it is to drink enough water! I was up to 2 gallons a day for awhile. Not as much any more.

Yes, I've heard they suck!

It's funny because there was a time when I wouldn't think anything of drinking 12 beers in a night (now I drink 2 and I'm finished) but drinking 8 cups of water seems like a chore. You've got my sympathies NS.

Travis Clementsmith
Admin

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's ILP   Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:30 pm

Sorry about the stone NS! Congratulations Aaron, good luck with your plan!

-TC

native_son

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's ILP   Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:10 am

Oh, it's been a few years since the stone - not a good experience. I only brought it up because it was at that time when I realized it's not that difficult to drink more water. Just carry a Nalgene and keep it filled. You want to drink 8 cups a day? I was drinking 8 quarts a day. You don't need to go that far, but if you carry a 32 oz Nalgene and fill it up four times a day, you'll double your goal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's ILP   Wed May 02, 2007 2:47 pm

I had a tuff time with my ILP this week. I've been dealing with a planters wart on my heel for about six months now and it's extremely painful to step down on. I went to the doctors last Monday to have it worked on. She used liquid nitrogen to burn some of it off. While she was doing it I felt some of it drip across my foot but didn't think anything of it and when she was done my foot actually felt much better. Then Tuesday afternoon I noticed that the bottom of my foot started to itch and it had red streaks running acrossed it. By Wednesday morning it began to blister and by Thursday the blisters had grown serious. My wife decided to lance one to relieve the pressure and the puss that came out began to burn her fingers. It turns out, the liquid nitrogen had created a pocket under my skin and had caused 2nd degree burns.

Needless to say, all of this activity with my foot sort of diverted my attention away from any sort of ILP that I was planning on doing. The good thing is the wart is almost completely gone and my foot is healing up nice. Hopefully I'll be able to put more attention to my ILP from now on.

Travis Clementsmith
Admin

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's ILP   Wed May 02, 2007 6:49 pm

Ouch Aaron!

I hope you find some relief soon!

-TC

Aaron
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's ILP   Thu May 10, 2007 2:29 pm

Had a better week with my ILP although I still haven't gotten into a rhythm with it yet.

Mind
Read a little of "Panentheism, The other God of the Philosophers", as well as "The Joy of Living".

Body
Did a lot of yard work. Also had a family picknik/ birthday party for my son's 3rd birthday and did a lot of running around.

Spirit
I've taken more time for meditation with form and walking meditation over the last few days. It was also nice to get outside. The weather finally warmed up here in the northeast.

This is a link to a Real Audio sample of some music that I found that has helped me with my meditation.
http://www.compasslifescapes.com/audio/RealAudio_Sample_56/YogaX56.ram

Aaron
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's ILP   Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:14 pm

Mind
I've been doing some reading on systems theory including the book The Web of Life: A New Scientific Understanding of Living Systems by Fritjof Capra

Body
A lot of yard work lately. I've also started a daily routine of pushups and situps. Last week I was only able to do ten pushups at a time. Embarassed I'm already getting better though. This morning I did 15 and the first 10 were much easier than last week.

Spirit
Spending time outside can be a real spiritual boost at times. I haven't been "meditating" as much lately. Life has sort of gotten in the way a bit.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's ILP   

Back to top Go down

Aaron's ILP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1