Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

What's your ILP?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: What's your ILP?   Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:33 pm

I'm going to try and come up with my own Integral Life Practice although I expect it's going to be difficult due to the demands of raising a 2 year old and a 7 month old, as well as dealing with work and the ever expanding "honey do" list at home.

Some of the items will be easy to fulfill, others will be more of a challenge.

I thought I'd start out by asking what items do you think should be on such a list? I know that Wilber and the folks at I-I have their own list but I was wondering if there's anything that could be added or left off that list to make one's ILP more effective?

Here is what the I-I offers...
Quote :

Integral Life PracticeTM is a highly flexible system that helps us develop our physical health, spiritual awareness, emotional balance, mental clarity, relational joy, and energy level, within a framework where everything fits together. At the Integral Life Practice Seminar, you will learn to develop a personalized daily practice under the guidance of experienced ILP leaders.

You will go be guided through experiential workshops in:
    Meditation, prayer, and contemplation
    Movement, strength training, and martial arts
    Feelings, moods, and emotions
    Relating to others
    Authentic self-expression
    Creativity and aesthetic practice

These things will then be combined into a single life practice, customized to your personality, needs, and lifestyle.

Travis Clementsmith
Admin

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: What's your ILP?   Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:26 pm

Body

Walking
Jogging
Jump Rope
Pushups
Situps
Pullups
Stretching

Mind

Reading
IP Model development

Spirit

Meditation

Shadow

Artemis Program

That's what I have for my Core. I haven't fleshed out my Auxilary or Electives yet. The Artemis Program is a Shadow work program a philosophy teacher of our developed based on Platonic dialectic process.

-TC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your ILP?   Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:26 pm

Here's a quick rundown of my core.

Body

Walking
Yoga
Stretching
Hiking
Drink plenty of water and cut down on the snacks

Mind

Reading
Forum Conversations
TV (Science Channel, Discovery Channel, etc...)

Spirit

Meditation
Listen to Music
Spend quality time with my wife and kids
Nature Walks
Photography

Shadow

?

native_son

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-21

PostSubject: Re: What's your ILP?   Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:24 pm

So, what's this breakdown of Body-Mind-Spirit-Shadow? I tried to Google it, but to no avail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your ILP?   Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:10 pm

native_son wrote:
So, what's this breakdown of Body-Mind-Spirit-Shadow? I tried to Google it, but to no avail.

That information will cost you $59.95. Smile Just kidding... (Well sort of... actually it's more like $200 which I refuse to pay. Mad )

This is from Ken Wilber's blog...
Quote :
Integral Life Practice (ILP) is no-nonsense, practical application of the Integral model that helps you to authentically exercise all aspects or dimensions of your own being-in-the-world. ILP teaches 4 core modules body, mind, spirit and shadow as well as 5 or so auxiliary modules ethics, yoga of relationships, karma yoga, transforming emotions, and sexual yoga and dozens of potential electives. Grounded in hundreds of transformative practices, East and West, ILP allows you to take anything you're already doing and place it within a comprehensive framework that finally makes sense of it.

In addition, ILP is modular, scalable and customizable. Not only can you make it fit your schedule, you also choose the practices that are right for you in an effort to create a program that is flexible and effective. By cross-training practices in the core modules you accelerate growth in all areas, increase the your chance of healthy development and deepen your capacity for transformational living. In short, Integral Life Practice is the simplest practice you can do to wake up!

Travis Clementsmith
Admin

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: What's your ILP?   Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:16 pm

Here's the link to my philosophy teacher's page:

http://www.openingmind.com/

Go to "To Artemis". There is a $15 shareware fee now, but that's much cheaper than the Wilber program. Maybe someday I'll look at that, but its a bit too pricey for me right now!

I think most people, and I could be wrong about this, don't really need much shadow help if they are already draw to this kind of thing. That's not to say they don't have shadows, just that their shadows are probably not going to cause as many problems as they do for others. Id you are already able to view your own intellectual games in a third person fashion, you're mostly there already. I like the "To Artemis" program, however. It allows you to really chart these intellectual programs, bring them to consciousness, and learn how to develop new programs.

-TC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your ILP?   

Back to top Go down

What's your ILP?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panendeism.org :: Panendeism Discussions :: Integral Panendeism Forum-
Jump to: